As a U.S. Soccer Referee, your license is valid from January 1 through December 31 of each year, and you are required to re-certify and re-register annually. The window for registration closes on June 30 for the following year. If you are not re-certified for 2020 by June 30, 2020, you cannot re-certify until January 1, 2021, and you may not officiate any USSF-affiliated matches until that time.
Re-certification for Badge Year: 2020
Re-certification and registration for the 2020 badge year is now open and will be processed through the U.S. Soccer Learning Center. It may be completed entirely online, but please note that the process involves several steps. You should allow yourself no less than TWO WEEKS to complete all of the steps and another TWO WEEKS to receive your badge in the mail, so please start the re-certification process EARLY -- well before your first game in 2020.
Cost to register as a U.S. Soccer Grassroots Referee through the West Virginia Soccer Association is $45.00.
to accompany video tutorial
Step 1: Create a Profile in the U.S. Soccer Learning Center at https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee
- Select "Sign Up" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- All Learning Center profiles will require a unique primary email address. A secondary email address, such as that of a parent, may be provided to be copied on all communications.
Step 2: Enroll in and Complete the WV - 2020 Grassroots Referee Re-Certification Course - Online
- Access the Course page via: https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee/courses/available/19/details/50.
- Users who are 18 years old or older will need to complete an NCSI National Background Check before being able to register for the course. The cost is $30.00, and the check is valid for two years. The Background Check will take 7 - 10 business days to complete, and you will not be able to register for the course and complete your re-certification until the Background Check is done. NOTE: the U.S. Soccer Learning Center accepts only this NSCI Background Check; no other background check may be substituted.
- Click on the button labeled [Proceed to Registration] on the right side of the page.
- Cost: $45.00.
- The Grassroots Referee Re-Certification Course consists of FOUR ASSIGNMENTS, which can be found on the "Assignments" tab of the course page:
- Completion of the U.S. Soccer 2020 Online Grassroots Referee Course (duration approx. 4.5 hours; you may save your progress and return).
- Completion of the online Grassroots Referee Re-Certification Quiz.
- Completion of the Introduction to Safe & Healthy Playing Environments online training.
- Completion of the U.S. Center for SafeSport online training (if 18+ years old).
Your Badge will be mailed to you once you have completed the recertification course in its entirety.
For more information on using the U.S. Soccer Learning Center, consult the instructional handouts, below: