Online Recertification 2018
For Badge Year: 2018
This site provides U.S. Soccer referees registered with the West Virginia state association the ability to recertify online.
The U.S. Soccer Federation Referee Program deadline to recertify for the 2018 badge year has passed.
Information on recertifying for 2019 will be available in early August 2018
Who May Use This Site?
In order to use this online recertification, you must:
- Be a U.S. Soccer Grade 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 or 15 referee.
- Have been registered with U.S. Soccer for at least one year within the last four. This site is NOT for NEW referees.
- Be seeking to register with the West Virginia state association. If you seek to register elsewhere, consult that state association for recertification requirements appropriate to your grade.
- Be seeking to recertify at your current referee grade level OR to pursue one of the available online upgrades. This site does not provide the ability for new referees to become certified.
- Ask your local league for any additional requirements to receive assignments. Some local leagues may require that you attend a referee meeting to review local issues before working any matches in that league.
- U.S. Soccer will not provide printed copies of the Laws of the Game to grade 9, 8 or 7 referees. Referees may order a printed copy, download the PDF version, or refer to the online, interactive version. U.S. Soccer does offer a Pocket Guide available as a [PDF] for all referee grades.
Following are the steps to complete the recertification process online:
- You will need to have a Google Account to complete the online recertification. If you do not already have a Google Account, Create One >>
- Visit Google Classroom (http://classroom.google.com), sign in using your Google Account, and "Join" the class appropriate to your referee grade using one of the class codes, below. To "Join" a class, click on the + sign near the upper right of the browser window and then click on "Join class" in the drop-down menu that appears.
- To recertify as a Grade 9 Referee, use class code: qwgxkg
- To recertify as a Grade 8 Referee, use class code: x4e2iu
- To upgrade from Grade 9 to Grade 8 Referee as you recertify, first complete the Upgrade Course by using class code: z05zvt5. Once the upgrade is complete, join the Recertification Class by using the class code: x4e2iu
- To recertify as a Grade 7 Referee, use class code: 1grckk8
- To upgrade from Grade 8 to Grade 7 Referee as you recertify, first complete the Upgrade Course by using class code: 9lqqrk. Once the upgrade is complete, join the Recertification Class by using the class code: 1grckk8
- To recertify as a Grade 6, 5 or 15 Referee, use class code: g5h6vq5
- Complete all of the tasks listed in the class "Stream." Your 2018 badge will be mailed to you once your have completed all steps and your registration is processed. Please allow 2 weeks from when you complete all steps to when you receive your badge.
- Questions? Contact Mike McCarthy, State Referee Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.