Online Recertification 2014/15
For Badge Year: 2015
This site provides US Soccer referees registered with the West Virginia state association the ability to recertify entirely online.
Who May Use This Site?
In order to use this online recertification, you must:
- Be a US Soccer Grade 9, 8 or 7 referee.
- Have been registered with US Soccer for at least one year within the last four.
- Be seeking to register with the West Virginia state association. If you seek to register elsewhere, consult that state association for recertification requirements appropriate to your grade.
- Be seeking to recertify at your current referee grade level. This site does not provide the ability for new referees to become certified or for existing referees to upgrade.
- Ask your local league for any additional requirements to receive assignments. Some local leagues may require that you attend a referee meeting to review local issues before working any matches in that league.
Following are the steps to complete the recertification process online if you are unable to attend a recertification clinic in person:
- Complete the registration and pay the fee to US Soccer at http://ussoccer.force.com/referee/ (See the "1. Step by Step explanation of registering directly on US Soccer System," below [PDF])
- Declare your intention to recertify online be completing the Online Recert Declaration Form. Within 3 days after you complete this form, a WV Referee Instructor will send you the exam appropriate to your referee grade and a response sheet via email.
- Complete the online module from US Soccer: 2014-15 Amendments to the Laws of the Game >> (or Spanish Version >>)
- Complete the online Heads Up Concussion in Youth Sports training provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Print and keep the certificate of completion for your own records. Launch the online Concussion in Youth Sports Training >>
- Download and view the presentations of the WV State Referee Program Recertification Agenda listed among the files at the bottom of this page:
- 2. Referee Positioning - 2015 (20:36 13MB mp4 file)
- 3. Handling Head Injuries - 2015 (14:44 11MB mp4 file)
- Take the exam that was sent to you by the WV Referee Instructor following step 2. Record your answers in the US Soccer Referee Exam Response Sheet.
- Once that instructor has replied confirming that you passed the exam, complete the Online Recertification Completion Form attesting that you have completed all requirements and alerting the State Referee Administrator that your registration is ready for review.